Skip to main content

Creative Houseplant Container Ideas

Creative Container Ideas
It can be difficult to find that perfect container for your #indoor plants and even your #outdoor #plants. Some of us like to use the old standards such as terracotta, ceramic and plastic or even those old oak barrel containers.

However, sometimes it is fun to be really creative. I have seen plant enthusiasts use an old porcelain toilet or tub to display their pretty plants and flowers in the front yard. Recycling old items is a great way to avoid waste and creatively contain your houseplants and exterior plants. Just be aware of concerns with water leakage. You may need to line some items to avoid drips, leaks and water damage.

Here are some cute and creative ideas for planting that you may not have thought about before. Take a look at these interesting ideas and pictures for planting succulents and cactus from LagunaDirt.com ...

One of the favorite succulents for use as an indoor houseplant is the Sanseveiria or Snake Plant. Come read more about this fantastic, easy-care indoor plant at PlantAndFlowerInfo.com. There are lots of ideas for caring for your houseplants and keeping them healthy. Personal houseplant care help is also available, if you need some specific advice. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pruning Your Umbrella Plant (Schefflera Arboricola)

How to Prune Your Umbrella - Plant  Schefflera Arboricola, Umbrella Plant Schefflera Arboricola I recently received an email from a visitor to my website asking how to prune her Umbrella Plant. She sent along the picture to the right. Here is her email and my answer: Hello, I'm just wondering how to prune an umbrella plant. My plant is getting out of control, growing upwards and I can't seem to get it to grow like a bush. I'm afraid to cut it to shape cause I might kill it. I've had this plant for over 10 years and from the picture I sent you can see it's still growing good. I just want to trim it down but I want to do it properly. Thanks! Hi Julia When pruning an Arboricola (umbrella plant), cut just above a leaf stem or node. I usually cut the tallest stem back into the center of the plant, leaving some leaf nodes for new growth to start. Doing this every once in awhile keeps the plant fuller and shorter. You can cut the really ta...

Dracaena Marginata Plant Care

Plant Care for Dracaena Marginata Potted Dracaena Marginata Plant My last post was about the Mother-In-Law Tongue plant, the most searched and researched indoor plant and its care, at least on my website. This post is about Dracaena marginata, the second most searched for indoor plant. The dracaena marginata is sometimes called Dragon Tree. We just call her Marginata or Marg...  Marginata is my favorite Dracaena, I just love the thinner, long, delicate and arching leaves of the marginata. If your Marginata has been growing in really good light in a nursery, the leaves may be thicker and stiff. As it grows in new foliage acclimated to the lower light in your home (or office), the leaves will thin and become more graceful and arching. That is the way I like them best! Dracaenas in general are really easy to care for once you get them settled in and learn how to water them properly. Many of the plants that we use in our interior landscapes are dracaena varieti...

Dracaena Marginata Houseplants Pruning and Rooting

My Little Dracaena Marginata Question from Gilbert:   I have a marginata house plant, It's about 2 1/2 feet tall, my question is: can I cut it in half and if I do will It continue to grow or will it die? And can I replant the top half? Also, will the trunk grow in diameter?   Answer: Yes you can cut back the trunk of your Dracaena Marginata . It will put out at least one new shoot, if not three to four or more new shoots. It will not die as long as you are taking good care of it. You can re-plant the cut-off top, but Dracaena can be a little harder to root than say, a  Pothos  plant that you can just leave in water and it will grow forever. You can  air-layer your plant . Another option is to root in moist sand. You can lay the piece of Marginata trunk down on its side in moist sand and it should eventually root, although it may take some time. This has worked for me before. If you want to root it in its upright position, try some rooting hormon...