Skip to main content

Tower Hill Botanical Gardens

Field of Daffodils
Where can you see 25000 flowers in bloom all at the same time? Visit the Tower Hill Botanic Garden in late April or early May and you can enjoy the spectacular Field of Daffodils. The Field of Daffodils is just one of 16 unique areas at Tower Hill devoted to flora and fauna.
The garden also boasts an apple orchard, vegetable garden and wildlife garden. If you are in the area during the colder months, Tower Hill also has an area with plants that are at their best during the winter season.
Tower Hill Botanic Garden is located in Boylston, Massachusetts. A small town with a population of about 5000, Boylston is approximately 45 miles from Boston. If you are in the area, you should try to stop in and see the gardens.
After a long day touring the historic area and visiting Tower Hill Botanic Gardens you may arrive home and find your own plants need some help. If so, come and visit us at PlantAndFlowerInfo.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pruning Your Umbrella Plant (Schefflera Arboricola)

How to Prune Your Umbrella - Plant  Schefflera Arboricola, Umbrella Plant Schefflera Arboricola I recently received an email from a visitor to my website asking how to prune her Umbrella Plant. She sent along the picture to the right. Here is her email and my answer: Hello, I'm just wondering how to prune an umbrella plant. My plant is getting out of control, growing upwards and I can't seem to get it to grow like a bush. I'm afraid to cut it to shape cause I might kill it. I've had this plant for over 10 years and from the picture I sent you can see it's still growing good. I just want to trim it down but I want to do it properly. Thanks! Hi Julia When pruning an Arboricola (umbrella plant), cut just above a leaf stem or node. I usually cut the tallest stem back into the center of the plant, leaving some leaf nodes for new growth to start. Doing this every once in awhile keeps the plant fuller and shorter. You can cut the really ta...

Dracaena Marginata Plant Care

Plant Care for Dracaena Marginata Potted Dracaena Marginata Plant My last post was about the Mother-In-Law Tongue plant, the most searched and researched indoor plant and its care, at least on my website. This post is about Dracaena marginata, the second most searched for indoor plant. The dracaena marginata is sometimes called Dragon Tree. We just call her Marginata or Marg...  Marginata is my favorite Dracaena, I just love the thinner, long, delicate and arching leaves of the marginata. If your Marginata has been growing in really good light in a nursery, the leaves may be thicker and stiff. As it grows in new foliage acclimated to the lower light in your home (or office), the leaves will thin and become more graceful and arching. That is the way I like them best! Dracaenas in general are really easy to care for once you get them settled in and learn how to water them properly. Many of the plants that we use in our interior landscapes are dracaena varieti...

Dracaena Marginata Houseplants Pruning and Rooting

My Little Dracaena Marginata Question from Gilbert:   I have a marginata house plant, It's about 2 1/2 feet tall, my question is: can I cut it in half and if I do will It continue to grow or will it die? And can I replant the top half? Also, will the trunk grow in diameter?   Answer: Yes you can cut back the trunk of your Dracaena Marginata . It will put out at least one new shoot, if not three to four or more new shoots. It will not die as long as you are taking good care of it. You can re-plant the cut-off top, but Dracaena can be a little harder to root than say, a  Pothos  plant that you can just leave in water and it will grow forever. You can  air-layer your plant . Another option is to root in moist sand. You can lay the piece of Marginata trunk down on its side in moist sand and it should eventually root, although it may take some time. This has worked for me before. If you want to root it in its upright position, try some rooting hormon...